Thursday, May 21, 2009

CAMRT Exam Completed!

Well, we made it back safely from the wilds of Vancouver BC. The CAMRT exam went well, I think...I should know whether I passed sometime between June 2nd-16th. I don't want to be TOO confident about how I think I did...I thought it was pretty easy, but usually when I think tests are "easy" I end up failing them miserably, although this exam is a test on what brand-new graduates are expected to know, and I've been a tech for going on 3 years now and actually TAUGHT this stuff last year so I SHOULD know what I'm doing, right? It was remarkably similar to the ARRT exam except there weren't as many math questions, but it had a lot of pathology questions asking about what I saw on various radiographs...we aren't allowed to diagnose although we should recognize the appearance of certain conditions. There's no standard pass/fail percentage mark either like on the ARRT (theirs is 75%), it's adjusted based on the number of people who get a particular question correct. AUGH. I'm going to be SO upset if I don't pass...I'd have to pay another $800 CAD to write the exam again in September.

I don't know if I can stand the wait! The suspense is nerve-wracking!

On a related note, I applied for an x-ray position at BC Children's Hospital and a CT position at the BC Cancer Agency. Wonder if I'll hear back from them.

1 comment: