Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Interviews

I had an interview on Monday at a local clinic, where my friend/co-worker KN works. It's a part-time weekend position, and although they don't know if they'll be able to give it enough hours to get benefits, it'll be good to have a regular scheduled weekend position to count on when I'm not scheduled much at the hospital. It turns out I know another person who works there, too, who also worked at the clinic where I did my externship. She's in the mammography department. I hope she will put in a good word for me as well...she knows I'm a good tech, after all, and two recommendations from current employees would certainly convince ME to hire someone if I were a manager-type-person. I would like this job very much.

*sigh* Today I had a phone interview for an x-ray/CT position at the VA hospital...in Oklahoma City. It sounds like a fantastic opportunity, and one with absolutely no pediatrics. The starting pay and benefits are fantastic ($45k/year STARTING, with 4 hours each of sick time and vacation accrued every pay period and a raise after 6 months...FUCK YEAH), and working for the gubmint means that I can transfer damn near anywhere I want in the world if I get sick of tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. I'm not sure I want to move all that way, though, especially when I'm planning to sit for the Canadian x-ray registry exam in Burnaby May 19th. I've got a good chance at this job though, as they are hiring four people. It's a night shift position with a Saturday to Wednesday schedule. It sounds awesome...but...MOVING SUCKS! And I don't know if they'd offer relocation assistance. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment